How to Build Links: 4 Hot Techniques

How to Build Links

How to Build Links

Learning how to build links is a very important step for bringing more traffic to your site or blog.  However there are some dos and don’ts that you’ll definitely want to abide by when discovering how to build links.  Its the New Year and putting forth a solid effort to build links will greatly increase your online presence, so try to make a solid effort!

How to Build Links | Avoid Link Directories and Buying Links

Like mentioned above there are several techniques that you’ll want to avoid when link building.  While link directories and buying links may seem like a great way to build links very quickly and without much work, the Google algorithm generally frowns upon these cheap links and it may have an adverse effect on your link building.  Here’s what writer Tom Bukacek had to say about how to build links and avoiding these techniques:

Additionally, buying links from valuable sites may provide short-term success, but big search engines also have strategies for determining paid from non-paid links and what type of links create your site’s link structure. Pay-per-click ad campaigns are a much better way to spend money, and high quality content is simply better for creating natural links.

So there you have it always remember when you are finding out how to build links that pay-per-click is the way to go!

How to Build Links | Find The Best Keywords for Your Niche

I can’t stress enough the importance of finding the best keywords for your particular niche market.  You’ll want to find keywords with Low to Medium competition so that you can really dominate the search.  A great tool for this that you can use for free is the Google Keyword Tool.  Just type in your set of keywords and it will give you a list of keywords to match!  Webcredible also revealed a solid tool to find great keywords in their article about how to build links:

KeywordSpy is an interesting resource. Type in a keyword phrase and it’ll tell you which websites are targeting that phrase. You can then click through to see which other keywords that website is targeting. This tool is excellent for giving you ideas for keyword phrases based around what search terms your competitors are targeting.

Don’t be afraid to check out the competitions keywords and strategies, this is how you are going to find out what works and what doesn’t!

How to Build Links | Create High Quality Content

This is one that you’ll hear time and time again when learning how to build links, and that’s because its the TRUTH!  If you just create heavy keyword articles to promote your site and bump up your SEO, then you may get results quickly but this will inevitably die down in the long run.  Find and curate content that directly relates to your niche market so that you become a go to source for information for your potential clientele.

By writing informative and creative articles, you’ll keep both your current and new readers coming back for more. Make sure to create juicy titles that readers will find irresistible to click on. Simply put, by sharing timely and relevant information that people desire, you will find more followers.

http://blackboxsocialmedia.com/4-link-building/

How to Build Links | Share Your Content

One of the most effective techniques for link building is sharing your content across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.  Go in search of groups and influencers that represent your market and post your content.  Try not to be too sales oriented.  You’ll want to follow the 80/20 rule.  80% of your content should be informative and the other 20% should be sales oriented.  That way people will trust your site as a place to find good content, rather than another marketing spam artist.  If you appear as the latter, your content will largely go ignored.  You’ll find that certain content works better for each different social media network, so make sure you learn by trial and error!  Remember these 4 techniques when learning how to build links.

Image attribution: http://www.promotingwebs.com/quality-link-building.shtml

If you enjoyed reading “How to Build Links: 4 Hot Techniques,” then read more at SocialMediaIn7Minutes.

 

 

 

Facebook Comments:

Leave A Reply (No comments so far)

No comments yet